Saturday, April 23, 2016

Week 27

Week 27, the last week before I enter into the third trimester. That seems like a big deal somehow. In the third trimester your medical appointments increase twice, you start your prenatal classes, you start to get really huge, you start a count down for when your maternity leave starts, all of the flutters you've been feeling turn into kicks and jabs and you start thinking about things like your birth plan, registering at the hospital, the nursery and all of the things you haven't gotten done yet that apply to this new little one who is being added to your family so soon.

Week 27, the week before you only have 10-12 weeks left....

THANK YOU Aunty Tansy!!!
For myself personally I had an eye appointment and I found out that my retinas are attached perfectly well (praise God), I had a midwife appointment and Raymond and I started our prenatal classes. I got to visit with my dear friend Amy, my cousin Katrina, go to a chiropractor appointment, pick up the most beautiful hand made baby jumper thanks to my sister Tansy and celebrate Val's birthday and retirement. Plus I worked my 40 hours (at the best job/training ever) and made a sale of my MK product. It was a big week. A busy week. But until now I didn't really reflect on what kind of a week it was. The kind that's bringing you to the edge of something and hurling you over it but you aren't really aware yet.

Our prenatal classes are being held at the midwifery clinic I go to and when we got there we were presented with a gift bag, comfy chairs, candles and snacks. We chose this class because it's run by our doula and we thought it may be wise to get to know her a bit better and get her views on birthing before the big day. I'm glad we did. This class was special to me. It started out by lighting a candle and joining the circle and sharing a bit about ourselves. We moved onto creating a beautiful water color mantra we can bring into the birthing room if we want to help us remember and focus - mine said "you are loved, BREATH, and You can do this" Raymond also got to make one which I thought was great as he will be a huge support and comfort for me on our delivery day. We did a few other things that weren't applicable to me or my lifestyle but it did give the other couples options for what they may want in their birthing room and I liked the idea of a sacred space. I feel that giving birth is a holy moment and while pain is present it isn't the focus, objective or victory - receiving the greatest joy of a new life is. It's just another way God shows me how amazing He is - everything is planned out and has a reason. The class ended with each couple sitting face to face, legs entwined, staring into each others eyes with a scarf over our heads to provide privacy and we listened to a beautiful song - everyone cried. It was really healing and beautiful. As couples we get so busy working, preparing, living etc that we don't properly date and this moment in time really brought each of us back to our other, the one we chose and made us see them.
bump bump bump! Oh how she grows!!!

So week 27 started softly with church and relaxation, amped up and was full speed ahead, no slowing down by the end. It was a great week. A tiring week. Make sure you eat and hydrate properly if you to find yourself in a busy week no matter where you are in the pregnancy. Don't get so busy you forget about your husband and make sure you're taking your prenatal vitamins!

Keep searching for the healing and sunshine!
Love,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. I love how your prenatal class ended. How powerful!!! Wow!What a vulnerable time for everyone. And I am glad your week was full and happy. XO Tansy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. Our doula is into new age stuff but I've gotten to experience moments like these in the one marriage conference we've been to, MC and counselling. For myself it's really powerful to remember those beautiful times, experience them like new and yet again and have God at the center. Raymond and I are going and taking what works for us and leaving the rest there. It's been a really neat experience.

      Delete