![]() |
| ~ My - 28 weeks along dressed up and make up on photo ~ |
This Week...
This week we went to church, I had a meeting with my mentor, Raymond and I went for a rare walk and Thai food with friends and one of my sisters celebrated a birthday while my parents had an amazing 35th wedding anniversary. We (their 5 children) sent them on a 3 day, 2 night trip to their favourite hotel which included amazing food and pools and then a couples pedicure. They had such a blast and it was so fun to get to see their smiles and hear about all of the fun they were having!I had a OBGYN appointment that went well, bought a couple of pairs of shoes, had a heart test, an appointment with an anesthesiologist and got some blood work done.
We had our second birth class where we made our own scents (mine has lemon and smells SO GOOD!) And did you know - you need oxytocin (the love hormone) going full on for a good labour. Which means you need to be staring into your partners eyes, touching, kissing... Basically, you are meant to labour with your partner whom you love and not alone. He plays a BIG role in helping to keep you calm and focused. GOOD TO KNOW!
Work was really hard on my body this week, I didn't think I was going to make it to be honest. Nannying and house keeping are quite tricky in the third trimester as your body is so much bigger, tired and slow! Not much time for resting with two sweet ones on the go and house work to get done. Also, my OBGYN said that I could stop working at any point starting now and that she didn't think I'd make it to 36 weeks... We shall see about that. One thing I did discuss with my boss is going down to 3 days a week. Still working 10 hour days but it's that fourth day that seems to be too much right now so maybe cutting it out will help me to stay at my job longer. I've been with the same family since their first baby was 4 months old.
New This Week:
![]() |
| Baby bump at work! |
Same Old, Same Old:
My right knee to thigh is numb and my tailbone is dislocating occasionally.
![]() |
| A shirt I found but didn't buy - 28 weeks here! |
Something Special:
The lady at the MCC where I bought the dresser asked about my pregnancy and if this was my first baby (which all people do) and then she proceeded to tear up and cry over the loss of my fist baby Samuel and shared with me the memory of her first babies loss as well. It was so beautiful of her to feel so deeply about me and my loss, a total stranger to her and share in my loss and sadness. The lady at Starbucks earlier that day had asked if I had cried over my miscarriage or was sad at all over losing my first baby - what a different experience.
These things happen because I consider Samuel my first baby and so when people ask me if baby O is our first I explain that she is our second pregnancy but first to carry this far along.
Keep searching for the healing and sunshine!
xo
Laura



You don't even look pregnant in that white shirt!! And that lady at the thrift store was so sweet. You look amazing and it was so nice to see you. Love you xo
ReplyDelete