The Last for A Lot of Things....
Week 36, the week that most pregnant ladies finish up a lot of outside of home things. This is the week that a lot of goodbyes are said or the week where a lot of life things (dreams, career, hobbies etc) get put on the shelf to be picked up later.
This can be a very emotional week, especially for first time moms as their lives are REALLY about to change. This is the week where things start to get real. For me I sang on stage at my church for the last time and I don't know when I'll start up again. I met up with my mentor for the last time... that was needed and very difficult. Don't I need her more than ever now? So many things running through my mind. I found out that I can't go to the little girls ballet recital that I nanny because my grandpa's funeral is on the same day. My grandpa died when I was 34 weeks pregnant. He was my last grandparent living and he didn't go easy. He did however accept Jesus into his heart and so it is with much sorrow, hope and joy that I said goodbye. My hopes and joys for him include him
finally being with Jesus, saying goodbye to his pain and sorrows and being reunited with my grandma after four miserable years of being apart.
finally being with Jesus, saying goodbye to his pain and sorrows and being reunited with my grandma after four miserable years of being apart.
Some highs were finding out that I CAN keep my GD (gestational diabetes) on track through my diet alone and Samara and I are doing so well that we are no longer patients of Dr Rivera. Midwives only for us girls!
I want to shout from the highest place through the loudest speaker phone how GOOD God is! I prayed and prayed for my grandpa to accept Jesus as his personal Lord and Savour before his death and he did. This was truly a miracle and I am so grateful. I prayed that I wouldn't have to take insulin insulin for my GD as I HATE needles and I don't. Also, I wanted to be discharged from Dr. Rivera so badly and at the end of my pregnancy I have been. I have been walking through hard things and witnessing miracles through this whole process. If you knew my grandpa you would understand how impossible his salvation seemed, but for God nothing is impossible! If you understood my condition (EDS type 3) you would know how miraculous it is that I have made it to week 36 while working full-time and not gone into early labour. You would know that it's a miracle that I don't have to see Dr Rivera and that I'm cleared to birth with midwives alone.
Also this week ended year 31 for my husband and began year 32 for him. I think with this baby coming it's a great time for new beginnings. I made him a SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) apple pie that was DELICIOUS and homemade ice cream. I also was able to take him out for breakfast and write him a mushy card.
Lastly we ended the week getting more baby stuff and finishing up with getting ready to go to the hospital and baby laundry (there is so much to wash, dry, fold, sort and then put away and she's not even here!) We also had our friends over for a full turkey dinner (including yorkshire pudding) that Raymond put on. He did all of it, the invites, the cleaning, setting up, cooking, hosting and clean up. I was so proud of him!
Keep looking for the healing and sunshine!
Love you friend,
Laura
Love you friend,
Laura

What a full week!!!!
ReplyDelete