Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Week 37 / 38

Week 37

This week I got to attend a friends baby shower who is having a boy. It was so beautiful and fun, I was stuck on my chair as I was so tired and this babe is heavy but I'm so glad I went. It was so worth it! I also got to visit with the littles that I nannied and I took them to the water park with their grandma. I got lots of snuggles with the baby and my little EJ played in the water with her grandma keeping a close eye on her! It was an amazing day! Tuesday was Samuel's day. For those of you who don't know, in 2014 I suffered a miscarriage and lost my little baby boy at 6 weeks and 5 days. I celebrate his short little life every year and this year was especially difficult because now that I'm so close to my due date with this little it's clearer all that I missed with him. However, if I hadn't lost him I never would have gotten to meet this little girl and I am so excited to meet her. So with a heavy heart I say goodbye to Samuel once again (while rejoicing that I'll get to meet him in heaven one day - I CANNOT WAIT) and hello to this new little life God has given to me to carry and protect! Wednesday I got to go to something called a Strawberry Tea at E's preschool in celebration of her graduating preschool. Where has the time gone little girl?! One day I was looking into the sweetest four month old baby face and the next I was watching you walk across the podium at 5 years old about to start kindergarten in a few short months. I also had a midwifery appointment and attended my grandfathers funeral which was heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time. Jokes were made as to whether I was going to go into labor right then and there (we are HUGE this babe and I) but thankfully I didn't! 

Week 38

This week went by quickly and dragged on and on. Funny how time can do that eh? Sunday was church, Monday I got to visit with E and J again, Tuesday I had a midwifery appointment and one last meeting with Elaine (oh how I treasure these times and her wisdom and advice). Wednesday J and E came to my house and we played and tea partied, it was such a blast - thanks to their beautiful mommy for bringing them all the way to Richmond! The rest of the week I spent with my husband hunkered down at home. I was very big, very tired and I AM SO DONE! This bun has to be baked right?!!!




Keep looking for the healing and sunshine!

Love you friend,
Laura







1 comment:

  1. Those last weeks are SOOOOOO long and frustrating because unless you have a scheduled come out time...you neeeever know when baby is coming and it is SO uncomfortable! But in the end you made it through and ALL was WELL. YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete