Hello fellow pregnant ladies and other readers of my blog, good morning! Tomorrow starts the journey into week 22.
Week 21 was busy but in a good way. I worked a 40 hour week (plus 4.6 hours commuting each week), spend my days off by celebrating my mom's 64th birthday with a full day of hunting for treasures at the ocean, enjoying the sunshine and company of my beautiful sisters and mother and having a most wonderful tea party. We finished up by building whimsical fairy houses for our outdoor gardens small as they may be. It was perfect. Sunday was church and then getting our will written (how cool is that!) and Monday I puttered around the house, cooked, organized, rested and baked a treat for my hubby. I also was able to squeak in a 22 minute elliptical workout and 30 minute swim (on different days of course) during work days. This morning I weighed in at 181 lbs which is good and then moved on to eating a delicious breakfast of egg, toast, avocado and bacon that my husband brought me in bed and swished it down with a cup of tea. I'm just headed out to have lunch with one of my dearest friends Rebecca and then I'll come home and nap or poke around in the babies room again.
Looking back at my week and writing about it has allowed me to see what a great week it has been. I mean it's easy to remember that I didn't sleep all that well this week and so I was very tired for work some days, or that the day I went swimming I got into a silly but painful argument with my husband because I've promised to go so many times and of course was feeling like I was rotting from the inside out (I must have accidentally had onions) so I didn't want to. My hormones (aka emotions) were really sensitive this week as well and so I bawled over a blog post my sister wrote about my grandma (who has passed), gave myself a headache and promptly went to bed. Or that moment when I wouldn't get out of the car because I wanted cake so bad but didn't have the energy to drive myself and my husband is so swamped with homework that he couldn't and it felt like the world was over (just for a little while).
I wonder how my daughter feels about all of this. These moments and emotions swirling around in me. I'm quite the mix of highs and lows, quiet and peaceful and then whirling around and around be it with excitement or frustrations. I wonder how it all affects her and if she will come out happy and feeling safe or bewildered and wondering what kind of a world she has been born into.
Well cheers to the ups and downs of pregnancy that help to make us good moms. If it wasn't for the hard parts we wouldn't be as well prepared for the poop, puke, late nights and early mornings that are about to be ours in just a short time. The ups help me to remember that she is coming and that I'm so excited to meet her and that it will all be worth it.
So whether week 21 was amazing for you or not so much remember to Look for the healing and sunshine!
Laura xo
No comments:
Post a Comment