Happy Birthday Little One
My little baby is one year old now and while I knew the time would fly, and everyone told me it would in case I didn't know, I did NOT understand this new speed with which time can fly. It takes your breath away and forgets to give it back.
One Year Old... Wow!

This year has been by far my best and most likely worst. It started out with a lot of pain and pushing and hard work to bring you into this world little darling. Then you popped out (literally, I heard it) and there you were, crying and laying on me and looking at me and at the sound of my voice you stopped and time stopped and we stopped and gazed into each others eyes and that was it. The beginning of new life for the both of us. Thank you.
Speed along and here I find myself with what once was a dark haired, dark eyed, tiny sqirmy little squish is now a strawberry blonde, blue eyed, curious and well developed you, my darling daughter. You have gone from tiny to 23 pounds, size 4 diapers. You began strong as a little tiny baby astounding mommy with your head and neck and upper body strength and now you play with 4 pound weights and push the 10 pound weight along the carpet. You were completely helpless at the beginning and now you are totally fearless. WOW - so much has happened and I have so much to say to you.
You were perfect on the day you were born and you still are today. You are my delight and my joy, you are joy, you live it, give it, spread and share it. You wave at EVERYONE and you don't quit if they don't see you or wave back right away, you are determined. You giggle and laugh and smile, always smile, unless you're not and then you're quite serious. Large crowds make you serious as you take it all in or new places, you want to see everything and learn about it and that's when you're too busy to smile.
You love touch, it's your love language. You are always touching and feeling, you sooth yourself this way and usually need me to be close to fall asleep. You LOVE to eat. You sigh and dance and chat about your food, especially when you find it extra delicious. You love Alfi our cat! You pat him gently and hug him, burying your face into his soft fur. You chase him around the house until he has to jump up somewhere high to get away from you or hold his ground - that makes mommy nervous. You are furniture walking, including using the walls so you can really get around. You stand up in the middle of the room sometimes and glow with the accomplishment of it. You have a soft heart and get offended when I say no. You cry when you don't want to go to sleep without me but I don't let you cry much or for long. We have a system you and I and it works for us both. I can tell by your cries if you need me or if you're more annoyed that I'm not there. The second one you'll put yourself to sleep but the first one I need to be there no matter what and I am. 
Right now you get up with dada (that's what you call him lovingly) and you two eat together and play while mommy sleeps. Then daddy brings you to me and I put you down for your first nap and he studies (he's working so hard to pass his exams that he missed while he was hospitalized for a month back in March/April). We nurse and snuggle and then you nap for 1.5 - 2 hours. When you wake up it's time to nurse again and then start lunch (or walk and then lunch, it depends). Then we get up to something fun - outside, a visit with friends, chasing each other, playing with toys, going into mommies garden to pick flowers (well, that's what you think we are doing. The truth is that I am dead heading my flowers so they grow all summer instead of seeding). Then it's time for your afternoon nap, dinner, playtime, bedtime routine and then you're off to bed. How the time flies.
You are a fantastic crawler, you have 4 teeth, you can say mom, dada, cat, (sometimes) hi and once you said a very clear "NO" to me as well as "hot" but only once each. You have started to climb up things as well as crawl under things. You love to explore and get into everything. You and I have a game where you snatch my glasses from wherever they are and you LOVE it - you get so excited with the thrill of it because you know it's a no. You go for walks with daddy and adventures with mommy. You love being with daddy because he always is up to something interesting. Your best friend is Carter Donkers but you kissed Israel Hazelmann and you also love Emma and James Penner. 
You know the signs for eat, drink (this calls for water), milk and all done. You tell me you want to eat very vigorously when you are hungry and you always want what I have, even when you are already eating the same thing. You are chubby and sweet, smart and kind and caring, you love babies and you are kind to animals. You think you're quite funny (we think so too) and you love bath time with mommy as long as she isn't pouring water on your head to wash your hair. You share a little bit which is super advanced and you are learning to shake your head NO instead of hit. You give warning signs before you start swinging at the other kids, mommy is very proud!
You love to read books and shop, you love your cousins and smile at Opa and Grandma (sometimes). You are my sweet baby girl whom I love with all of my heart, protect with all of my fierceness and who I cheer on and encourage each day. You are loved, you are wanted, you are delighted in, you are sweet and kind and gentle and passionate and smart and joyful and so many other things already at such a young age.
YOU LOVE TO DANCE! How could I almost forget! You dance with or without music, it is so adorable to see!!!
Keep searching for the healing and sunshine,
Love,
Laura




So so sweet, and I love the pictures!! Happy birthday sweetie pie xo
ReplyDelete