Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Spring

 Hello my lovelies, do you have your cup of calm and your quiet place to read in? If not don’t worry, just do your best. 

Today I’m going to talk about spring. Yesterday was glorious, the sun came out and so I got the kids in their gear, grabbed a blanket, water and snacks and headed outside. I set everything up, got set up in the sun and just sat. My face turned up to the sun. I joke that we are the loudest thing in our neighbourhood but to be honest it’s mostly true. It’s silent in my neighbourhood minus the traffic and the birds and us. 

So we got outside and ran around, played, swung, snacked and enjoyed being in the sun. I also got my stakes out and plotted where I want to put my garden. Then my book from Roots and Refuge came and I got so excited. It’s a book on starting your garden. 

I lived on a beautiful hobby farm from ages 6-12 years and it was so incredibly life giving to me and my siblings. We have never forgotten how ious it was to grow up on those 13 acres. 

However it also means that I haven’t gardened since I was 13/14 years old and that was over 20 year ago. So I’m really excited to own a backyard big enough to have a garden and a play






space for my children. 

Spring has sprung and it is life giving and glorious  I am so excited to plan and plant. I have so many ideas for fruit trees, berry bushes, flowers and vegetables that I want to grow in my space. 

I hope you’re excited too. Excited for sunny days, excited to be outside, excited for planting and growth and an eventual harvest. 

I’ll keep you posted on my garden, I haven’t decided if I’m going to do a “no dig” garden, a raised bed garden or the traditional garden. 

We are currently also undergoing massive home renovations and moving into a tiny trailer during this time. I’m kind of panicking. 

Lastly, keep seeking healing and sunshine,

Laura 


3 comments:

  1. So exciting to plan a garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The last one I did was when we first moved into the house in Darlene Ave. Dad got the first ready for me and I planted a garden - first and last 🤣 also, that was over 20 years ago, can you believe it!!!

      Delete