Raisin bread, white bread, rye bread, bread with whole wheat, bread with molasses, pizza dough and cinnamon bun dough. I have been busy baking bread.
It’s so easy. Proof the yeast and add your dry ingredients.
It’s so hard - I’ve killed my yeast with my oven proof temperature being too hot, I’ve over risen my bread so when I put it in to bake it fell and I’ve had bread rise beautifully the first time and refuse to rise the second.
I’ve made soft bread, dense bread and breads in between but in my learning I’ve figured out to make sure my oven isn’t too hot for rising and I have learned what good bread dough feels like.
In my baking adventures we have stopped buying bread and now Monday is baking day, Tuesday is laundry day and Wednesday is cleaning day.
What are your days filled with? Do you have something you’re learning and getting good at?
Ps. I have also learned to make dumplings from scratch as well as hand rolled noodles and I’m dabbling in pies.
Keep seeking the healing and sunshine!
Laura












So inspiring :) I well remember that stage of life. It was pretty glorious!
ReplyDelete