Friday, April 30, 2021

Today Was Full of Surprises - The Good Kind









 Today was a gift. Hello sweet friends, how was your day? My day was full of unexpected gifts. Today was sunny when I expected rain. Today I build a Fort outside with wood, hammer and nails. Yesterday I made swords and shields. I love creating. Today my sister came over for a short visit. It was heavenly. I haven’t visited anyone for what feels like forever. 

Today I showered which always feels wonderful as well as overwhelming. But I did it. Small victories in the life of a mom. 

Today I looked at my garden, really looked at it and so many things are happily growing. This makes me feel SO HAPPY, like I have done a good job in my garden - the proof is in front of your eyes. So nobody can say it’s another failure and waste of money. 

Today I built a Fort for my children. They played happily for the afternoon in it and even invited me to a party they were throwing.

Today I got to see and chat with my sister and show her all of the progress in the yard. It filled my heart so very much. 

Today I walked by the dryer and my husband had switched loads instead of telling me how poorly he thinks of me every time he walks past and there’s wet laundry in the washer. It made me happy that he took action. 

Today I got to witness my children creating and laughing, exploring and learning. I also worked hard to cut away a border around the garden and water my plants. 

Tomorrow it’s supposed to rain which means painting,  puzzles and stories, yummy food and a movie. Fun indoor kind of days. 

Keep seeking the healing and sunshine everybody. 


No comments:

Post a Comment