Friday, April 30, 2021

Surgery Update ~ Samara


 Good morning my sweet friends, I hope you have slept well and are starting today refreshed. If you aren’t, try getting in a little nap today or if possible going to bed earlier tonight. 

Samara, last Friday you boldly went into that surgery room, came out eager to stay sleeping but woke up for grape flavoured, rocket shaped popsicles. 

Driving home you asked to go to the park and I was so grateful that your pain meds for our drive home were so strong. 

Saturday and Sunday were pain management days where you asked to be carried around and held. You never complained you just wanted to be included. I was very encouraged. 

Monday (maybe Sunday) you discovered you could walk on your own. You were so proud “mom! Look at me, I’m walking!!”

Monday - Wednesday you were slowly figuring out how to sit up in your own, how to play and take breaks and be gentle with yourself. 

Thursday you said all the pain was gone! My girl how I’ve been praying for and believing this for you. Healing and success for your hernia to be gone, closed, healed!!

Friday you are back to yourself, full of running, laughing, jumping and joy. 

You have one more week before the tape can come off of your stitches and so far it’s holding (perhaps because mommy has only let you have a bath every other day instead of everyday). 

Regardless my sweet girl you are well on the road to recovery and I couldn’t be happier for you!!!

Keep seeking the healing and sunshine sweet friends,

Laura

A little addition is that Samara is in pain today and may have overdone it somehow yesterday. I am keeping a close eye on her and checking her temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment