When Your Normal Week Becomes Stressful
This week was intense. It's the little things that turn into big things. Like pain and cramping - not good feelings to feel when pregnant at anytime. Or what about picking out the paint color for the babies room, nothing too boring or too stimulating right?! How about nesting when you really shouldn't be moving all that furniture or staying up way too late and then dealing with spotting and blood clots - hello stress!My husband Raymond has been working his tail off prepping and painting the nursery and all of the babies furniture. Everything has to be white because I chose 'Wild Watermelon' as my wall color and let me tell you I HATE IT as it looks florescent orange. I have shed many tears over it as it was supposed to be a beautiful (but obviously bright) coral color that I thought would be gorgeous in a baby girl's nursery. WAY TOO BRIGHT AND STIMULATING!
The rest of the week was great because I got to work more with the new nanny I'm training and even though emotionally it's really tough to transition because I love these kids so much but I love that I get to know this girl who will be taking over my job (that's so much more than a job) and so I won't be worrying how the kidlets will be doing with her. I get to train her for a whole month. I'm so grateful to my boss for that opportunity as well as the fact that I need to work with someone as I am having a lot of dislocations, pain and discomfort in these last few weeks of pregnancy.
We have two baby names picked out. One means Protected by God and the other means, From the Healing Vine.
This was also our SHOPPING week. We got the paint (like I wrote about above), we picked up the carseat, diapers and discussed wipes. We couldn't agree on a crib so we went to IKEA and came away empty handed (but we already have a bassinet so you'll have something to sleep in when you arrive). Lastly the paint caused a lot of tears and grief and so we also went back to the paint store and chose a soft pink color but decided to wait to change it as I was swinging back and forth like a bungy jumper bobbing up and down after the initial jump. In the end we kept the "coral" and changed the light bulbs and fixture so now it looks proper - goodbye flourescent orange!
Keep looking for the healing and sunshine!
Love you friend,
Laura

No comments:
Post a Comment