Friday, September 16, 2016

Week 34

Baby Shower's and an Online Registry

This week was an interesting one - it seems that's the norm for this pregnancy, nothing is slow or boring currently.

Sunday I sang in church, took the painters tape off of the walls of the babies room only to discover that it 100% needs a third coat of paint! Yikes! Raymond did paint a third coat without the tape - my hero!

Monday I organized baby clothes (super fun) by washing and drying them, folding them and then putting them into clear containers with labels I made out of painters tape to show the sizes. The reason I used painters tape was because it comes off easily if I put something else in there (another size for example) and need to re label. I also figured ba
by shower stuff out. 

To have a baby shower before the baby comes may seem crazy to some of you but to me it was the perfect solution. I had agonized and stressed over having a baby shower because I was worried about my brand new, healthy baby (that I plan on having in the next few weeks) getting passed around to maybe 30 or 40 women that I may or may not know really well and maybe getting hurt or sick if these wonderful ladies didn't know to wash their hands before holding her or to not come to the shower if they're sick etc. Also, when someone wants to hold a new baby it's important that they know how to hold the baby, how to transfer the baby to the next person, etc and at a baby shower while everyone may want to hold your baby you may not know or trust each and every person to do so. So as a first time mother I opted for an open (anyone was welcome) shower to be held at my church before my babies arrival. 

Have I told you how much I'm trusting God for this babies healthy arrival? Or how much I am leaning on him during every appointment, trip to emergency, each day I go through in intense pain because my body isn't what it should be?! I am completely relying on and asking God to bring my baby girl to full term and to enter this world alive, healthy and happy. These are some of

my prayers for her. I have been told to stop work at 28 weeks - I'm still working and plan on working until week 34. I have been told that my body will not cary my child full-term. I have been put on high alert for bleeding, clots, etc and am constantly listening to my body to hear what it's saying about my baby girl. 

Back to the shower. My friend Amy is heading it up and I'm so excited because everything she touches turns to gold. It's her gift and I know it will be so beautiful. Also I started a gift registry so that people could see my style and what we still need for this baby. If you want to check it out for ideas on how to start yours please go to http://babylistregistry.com/oosterom

Baby showers can be for your first baby or fifth baby. Every baby should be celebrated no matter how many you have. There are also different kinds of showers you can have, there are mother celebration showers, a shower for a girl baby or boy baby, showers that celebrate the baby before birth or after - it's really up to you as the mother. So think about what you would like and then communicate it to whomever is hosting your shower. Make sure you're comfortable with whatever is happening as it is your new baby and you're responsible for his/her health and safety.

Keep looking for the healing and sunshine!
Love you friend,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment