Thursday, February 18, 2021

Cinnamon Sugar Kisses

It didn’t work out
I tried twice to be fair
But my bread would rise
And then my bread would fail 

I don’t know what I did

Or didn’t do

But one thing I do know

One thing that is true


I tried my best

To make bread for my kids

For our lunch

But it didn’t happen except for this


I deep fried hockey puck donuts

I got them real hot

Then I dipped them in cinnamon and sugar

Right there on the spot


You ate them right up

Half raw to be sure

And you got cinnamon sugar on your nose

And I captured it in a blur


You’re so sweet and so cute

Cinnamon sugar kisses all day

You’re my Luca, my baby

And I just want to say


This mommy will take your cinnamon sugar kisses anytime any day 


Keep finding the healing and sunshine dear ones!




2 comments: